You can give it, actually. Cerelac works like a replacement of mother’s milk for puppies and is good to have until they start eating solid foods! For 3 week old pups, you should mix applesauce + wheat flavor with lukewarm water in a bowl or dish – let them play around while enjoying this healthy drink that will keep your little one happy during the teething stage!
What is Cerelac, and how does it work?
Cerelac is a cereal-based food that is used by the mothers of dogs sometimes to feed their pups. It is often used as a replacement for mother’s milk. The food contains soy products, vitamins, and minerals that are good for the puppy until they start eating solid foods.
Cerelac can be given to pups from three weeks old onward if mixed with water or other liquids to make it easier for them to eat appropriately – applesauce or wheat flavor should be added before feeding it to the pup. One must let the dog play around while consuming this drink, which will keep their little one happy during the teething stage!
Benefits of Cerelac for dogs
• Cerelac is made with natural ingredients and has no sugar added.
• It contains calcium (helps build strong bones), iron (nourishes the brain), and vitamin A, B, C & D (keeps your pup healthy).
• Cerelac is available in different flavors and doesn’t contain additives, preservatives, or artificial colors.
Disadvantages of Cerelac for dogs
• It has a low grade of energy
• It doesn’t contain enough protein and fat your dogs need for growing, so it is not nourishing them properly.
• Cerelac, jellies, and yogurts are not enough for dog diets; they need meat as the primary source of protein.
• Cerelac is made from vegetable extracts, so it doesn’t have all the necessary minerals required by a growing puppy.
• The cereal which makes up cereals has a low level of iron content compared to meat meal or milk byproducts. Puppies under 12 weeks old can lead to anemia because their bodies do not store extra iron naturally yet.
• It contains sugar, corn syrup solids, malt extract, soybean oil, and other additives, including artificial colors such as FD&C Red 40 Lake (E129), Titanium dioxide (E171) – lookout for them on the packaging! Artificial flavors like vanilla flavor (which is derived from either castoreum or vanilla beans), caramel color (E150d), and chemical preservatives like BHA, propyl gallate, TBHQ are also mentioned as the ingredients of cereals.
• Cerelac may contain pieces of insects, glass fragments, etc.
• It does not have enough fiber content, which makes it difficult for dogs to digest correctly.
• If your dog has diabetes, you should consult with a veterinarian before giving him cereals because they also increase blood sugar levels in pets!
Cerelac is a good option for puppies to have until they are eating solid foods. You can mix it with applesauce or some other flavor that your dog prefers, and then you should let them drink their new cereal while playing around in the bowl!
Leave a Reply