If you have a female dog in heat, then chances are that your male dogs will be drawn to her. This can lead to unwanted attention and mating behaviors. The key is understanding how males interact with females in heat and what you can do about it. Here are 7 tips that work wonders!
- Don’t leave them alone together: If there’s nobody home with the animals, make sure they stay separated from one another.
- Get a second dog: This will help keep your first dog company, and the dogs can be each other’s playmates.
- Supervise them closely: Keep a close eye on the dogs when they’re together, and be prepared to intervene if necessary.
- Use male dog repellent: There are several different repellents available, so find one that works best for you and your animals.
- Keep them apart during feeding times: This will prevent competition between the dogs.
- Take her for walks: Make sure she gets plenty of exercises, and this will help keep your male dog entertained as well.
- Distract them with toys: Keep a few chew bones or other safe distractions on hand to give them something else to focus their attention on.
These are just a few tips to help keep your male dog away from your female dog in heat. Using these techniques can help reduce the chances of unwanted mating behaviors and keep everyone safe and happy!