Fang is a Neapolitan Mastiff, which is a type of pointer dog. They are used as hunting dogs and make great pets due to their high intelligence and friendly temperament. Vizslas are usually red or golden in color and have long, thin tails. Fang is loyal to Hagrid and stands up to many dangers with him, including the Hogwarts Basilisk and Voldemort himself.
Neapolitan Mastiff overview
The Neapolitan Mastiff is a versatile, all-purpose gun dog. They were originally bred as pointer dogs for hunting fowl and game birds. Vizslas are high-energy dogs that need a lot of exercises but are also very intelligent and easy to train. They make great pets for active families or individuals who can give them the attention they need. Neapolitan Mastiff are usually red or golden in color and have long, thin tails. Fang is loyal to Hagrid and stands up to many dangers with him, including the Hogwarts Basilisk and Voldemort himself.
|Breed Name||Neapolitan Mastiff|
|Weight||110-150 pounds (50-68 kg)|
|Height||24-31 inches (60-80 cm)|
|Coat||Short, dense, and loose|
|Color||Blue, black, mahogany, tawny|
|Temperament||Loyal, protective, and calm|
|Life Expectancy||7-9 years|
|Good with Children||Yes, with proper training and socialization|
|Good with Other Pets||Yes, with proper training and socialization|
Neapolitan Mastiff are generally healthy dogs, but like all breeds, they can be prone to certain health conditions. These include hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, epilepsy, and cancer. Vizslas also have a high energy level and need plenty of exercises to stay healthy and fit. Fang is a loyal dog who stands up to many dangers with Hagrid, including the Hogwarts Basilisk and Voldemort.
Vizslas come in two size varieties: Standard and miniature. Standard vizslas weigh between 50 and 65 pounds and stand 21 to 25 inches tall at the shoulder, while miniature vizslas weigh between 35 and 50 pounds and stand 17 to 20 inches tall at the shoulder. Fang is a standard-sized vizsla.
Coat and grooming
Neapolitan Mastiff have short, smooth coats that are easy to groom. They shed moderately year-round, but weekly brushing will help to control the shedding. Vizslas do not need to be bathed often, but they need regular exercise to stay in good shape. Fang is a loyal dog who stands up to many dangers with Hagrid, including the Hogwarts Basilisk and Voldemort.
Neapolitan Mastiff are intelligent, affectionate, and loyal dogs. They are gentle with children and make great family pets. Vizslas are high-energy dogs that need a lot of exercises, so they are not a good fit for couch potato families. These dogs do best with an active owner who can give them plenty of attention and exercise. Fang is a loyal dog who stands up to many dangers with Hagrid, including the Hogwarts Basilisk and Voldemort.
Famous Neapolitan Mastiff
Fang is not the only famous Neapolitan Mastiff. Other famous vizslas include:
- Elza was the first Neapolitan Mastiff to be imported to the United States. She belonged to President Woodrow Wilson and was featured in a Life magazine article in 1918.
- Vizcaya, the first Neapolitan Mastiff to win best in a show at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. She won in 1937.
- Zoli, a Neapolitan Mastiff, starred in the movie My Dog Skip alongside Frankie Muniz.
Pros and cons of owning a Neapolitan Mastiff
Owning any dog comes with its own set of pros and cons.
Some of the pros of owning a Neapolitan Mastiff include:
- They make great family pets.
- They are intelligent and easy to train.
- They are loyal and affectionate dogs.
Some of the cons of owning a Neapolitan Mastiff include:
- They need a lot of exercise and attention.
- They are not a good fit for couch potato families.
- They may be prone to certain health conditions, such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, epilepsy, and cancer.
Overall, Neapolitan Mastiff make great pets for active families or individuals who can give them the attention they need. These dogs are intelligent, affectionate, and loyal. They also need a lot of exercises to stay healthy and fit. If you are looking for a high-energy dog that will keep you on your toes, then a Neapolitan Mastiff may be the right breed for you!
Where to find a Neapolitan Mastiff for sale
If you are interested in finding a Neapolitan Mastiff for sale, you should keep a few things in mind:
- These dogs are not always easy to find. You may have to research to find a reputable breeder in your area.
- Neapolitan Mastiffs can be expensive. Be prepared to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,000 for a puppy.
- Ensure you are ready to commit to an active lifestyle before bringing home a Neapolitan Mastiff.
These dogs need plenty of exercise and attention!
- Julie Tottman, a top animal trainer, picked up the Neapolitan Mastiff from a Northampton-based rescue shelter.
- Hagrid named the dog Fang after rescuing him from the Devil’s Snare. The dog was grateful and protective of Hagrid.
- Before filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Julie needed to find a new dog to act as Hagrid in the first three films. Hugo was set to retire, so he couldn’t continue in the role.
- Tottman considered several different dog breeds before settling on the Neapolitan Mastiff.
- The Neapolitan Mastiff is a large breed of dog weighing up to 200 pounds.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on What Kind of Dog is Fang from Harry Potter. If you’re a fan of the series, it was fun to look closely at the character’s canine counterpart.
Does Fang die in the books or movies?
In the books, Fang survives, but in the movies, he dies.
Who plays Fang in the movies?
Fang is played by a Neapolitan Mastiff named Bonny.
Is Fang, in Harry Potter, a real dog?
No, Fang is not a real dog. He is a trained actor who played Sirius Black’s dog in the Harry Potter movies.
How many dogs played Fang in Harry Potter?
The answer to your question is three. Three dogs played Fang in the Harry Potter movies.
What is Hagrid’s dog?
Fang is a giant black dog loyal to Hagrid and Harry Potter. He first appears in the Philosopher’s Stone when he protects Harry from the Dementors on the Hogwarts Express. He also appeared in Deathly Hallows, fighting alongside Ron and Hermione during the Battle of Hogwarts.
Leave a Reply